Nominations open for the 2017 National Disability Awards
Federal Member for Wide Bay Llew O’Brien is encouraging individuals, workplaces, and service providers who have improved the lives of Australians with disability, to nominate for the 2017 National Disability Awards.
The Awards highlight the achievements in reducing social discrimination and bring positive changes for people with disability.
“People with disability and those who support them produce amazing programs and projects every day, enriching lives, and these Awards are a great way in which their remarkable achievements can be recognised,” Mr O’Brien said.
There are five Award categories:
- Lesley Hall Leadership Award – recognises excellence in development of reform opportunities that improve the lives of people with disability.
- Employer of the Year Award – recognises excellence in workforce diversity by providing sustainable employment opportunities for people with disability.
- Community Excellence Award – recognises excellence in improving access and participation in Australian life for people with disability.
- Excellence in Innovation Award – recognises excellence in innovation in services, places, communities or accessible technologies to improve the lives of people with disability.
- Excellence in Education and Training Award – recognises excellence in inclusive education or vocational training that delivers improved economic and social outcomes for people with disability.
Nominations close on 6 August 2017 and winners will be announced at a ceremony in Canberra on 3 December 2017.