Funding to support Agricultural Shows and Field Days
- Applications for round two of the Agricultural Shows and Field Days program open 28 January 2022.
- $7.9 million available for eligible organisations.
- Program helps support events after the disruptions caused by the pandemic.
Federal Member for Wide Bay and Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives Llew O’Brien is encouraging local show societies to apply for a share of $21 million through round two of the Liberal and Nationals Government’s Supporting Agricultural Shows and Field Days program.
Applications will open on 28 January 2022, with grants from $10,000 to $70,000 available for eligible show societies and field days organisations to provide them with the confidence and resilience they need to go ahead and plan their events in 2022 and beyond.
“Wide Bay’s agricultural shows are more than just a fantastic family day out – they’re also a valuable economic driver and promotional tool for our local primary producers, they are an integral part of the community and they do an incredible amount of work to support local groups,” Mr O’Brien said.
“Nationally, agricultural shows and field days generate over $1 billion in sales for small businesses every year, and the Supporting Agricultural Shows and Field Days program is a way provide them with a much-needed cash boost to help ensure they can continue despite the disruptions caused by COVID-19 restrictions.”
Applicants will be able to claim for eligible expenditure incurred for events cancelled in the period from 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, up to the maximum capped amounts listed in the following table:
Attendance numbers (2019 or 2018)
Maximum grant available (GST exclusive)
Small agricultural shows and field days
Up to 1,999 attendees
Up to $10,000
Medium agricultural shows and field days
2,000 to 4,999 attendees
Up to $15,000
Large agricultural shows and field days
5,000 attendees and up
Up to $70,000
Applications for support under this second round of funding open on 28 January 2022 and close on 17 February 2022.
“Wide Bay’s shows enable primary producers, farmers and small businesses to showcase their prized stock and produce, their latest innovations and technology, which in turn increases productivity and profitability for all involved in the agriculture sector.
“They’re also great for arts and crafts, and provide an action packed opportunity for people to have some fun, catch up and support each other, and these grants provide local show societies with the confidence they need to plan their events in 2022 and beyond.”
- The Coalition Government is providing over $83 million to support the growth and long-term sustainability of these important events.
- $21 million has been allocated for round two of the Supporting Agricultural Shows and Field Days program.
- The program is divided into two separate grant opportunities:
- $7.9m – Agricultural Shows and Field Days
- $13.1m – Capital City Royal Shows
- The Agricultural Shows and Field Days grant opportunity opens for applications on 28 January and closes 17 February 2022.
- Further information will be available on 28 January 2022 from the Community Grants Hub website (communitygrants.gov.au).