Margaret Wilkie asks if I will revive my election commitment to provide $20,000 to upgrade the kitchen at Peregian Beach Surf Life Saving Club (Noosa News 9/9/2016).
I am pleased to confirm that I am working with Australian Government departments on the delivery of all of the announcements I made during the election campaign, including funding for Peregian Beach Surf Life Saving Club, as well as:
• $2 million towards upgrading the Cooloola Noosa Road to create better access and opportunities for tourism and agriculture;
• $22,000 for a new kitchen and bathroom at Noosa’s Men’s Shed;
• $400,000 to improve access at Noosa National Park;
• $396,698 for CCTV cameras to improve community safety at Murgon;
• $25,000 to extend Murgon’s Men’s Shed
• $20,000 for a new acoustic ceiling at Murgon’s PCYC;
• $200,000 to the Cooroy Chamber of Commerce for CCTV cameras at Cooroy;
• Extending mobile phone coverage to Poona and along the Wide Bay Highway between Woolooga and Kilkivan;
• $395,000 to renovate historic buildings along Kent and Wharf Streets, Maryborough; and
• $68,000 to fund a Men’s Shed at Tin Can Bay.
These projects will strengthen local communities by creating new opportunities, and make local streets safer. I look forward to the benefits they will bring.
Federal Member for Wide Bay