Stronger Communities Programme - Round 7 - closed
UPDATE – 5pm, 9 November, 2021
Expressions of Interest for Wide Bay projects are now closed for Round 7 of the Stronger Communities Programme. If you have submitted a form but did not receive an email confirming receipt of your EOI, please contact the office on 4121 2936.
Round 7 of the Stronger Communities Programme provides grants of between $2,500 and $20,000 for incorporated not-for-profit community organisations and local governing bodies, for small capital projects that encourage and support participation in local projects, improve local community participation and contribute to vibrant and viable communities.
Eligible projects might include (but are not limited to):
- upgrades, construction and fit-out of community spaces, such as men’s sheds or community halls
- equipment purchases such as computers, TVs and furniture, fixtures and fittings
- bike paths, skate parks or sporting facilities upgrades
- streetscapes and park furniture upgrade or installation including shade/shelters, BBQs, toilets etc
- purchase of equipment for local State Emergency Service and rural fire brigades
- upgrade of facilities to provide disabled access
- purchase of vehicles and trailers for community transport/services, surf lifesaving, medical transport
- portable equipment to be operated/used within the Wide Bay electorate.
Grant funding will be available for up to 100 per cent of eligible project costs except for local governing bodies where grant funding will be up to 50 per cent of eligible project costs.
Up to $150,000 is provided to each electorate to fund a maximum of 20 projects. For more information, visit this link: https://business.gov.au/grants-and-programs/stronger-communities-programme-round-7
Expressions of interest for Wide Bay projects will be assessed by a committee before selected projects are invited to submit a formal application.