CORONAVIRUS HEALTHLINE: 1800 020 080
As this situation is changing rapidly, please visit https://www.australia.gov.au/ for the latest updates.
• Australia’s COVID-19 vaccine roll-out is now underway, To check your eligibility or find a clinic near you, click HERE.
If you would like assistance to find a clinic in Wide Bay close to you, please call Mr O’Brien’s office on 07 4121 2936.
CLOSURES AND RESTRICTIONS
• There are a number of restrictions still in place across Australia. Find out about current restrictions and changes that may affect you. You can also check restrictions in all states and territories using the COVID-19 Restriction Checker.
• As case numbers change, there may be changes or new restrictions on borders, gathering sizes, registers, mask requirements and other prevention measures. Check State and Territory websites for further enforcement information.
• All travellers returning home from overseas will be quarantined in a hotel or designated facility for 14 days. Read more.
• If you are receiving interstate visitors or are considering interstate travel please see specific State and Territory Government sites for information and be aware that they can change quickly.
• There are restrictions on visitors to Residential Aged Care Facilities to protect older Australians. Please check with individual facilities for further information.
• From 9pm AEDT 20 March 2020, our borders are closed except for Australian citizens, residents and immediate family members. All arrivals into Australia are required to self-isolate for 14 days, either at home or in a hotel. Read more.
• Financial assistance may be available for individuals and families affected by COVID-19 restrictions, including those who have lost work due to lock-downs. For information on eligibility, visit: https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/subjects/getting-help-during-coronavirus-covid-19/if-you-need-payment
Beware of scams
We won’t contact you to ask for your bank account or contact details. Find out how to tell the difference between scams and genuine contacts from the Australian Government.
The Federal Government’s coronavirus support includes significant measures to keep small and medium businesses up and running. Visit https://treasury.gov.au/coronavirus for details.
A COVID-19 Business Liaison Unit has been established to assist businesses affected by COVID-19. The Unit can be contacted by email at [email protected] and by phone at 13 28 46.
All travellers to Australia are required to self-isolate for 14 days. For the latest information please head to https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-travellers or if you are feeling unwell, call the Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080.
International Travel Advice
State Travel Restrictions
Many States have chosen to close their borders for all non-essential travel, including Western Australia, South Australia, ACT and Northern Territory, please check their website for the most up to date information:
Western Australia: https://www.wa.gov.au/organisation/department-of-the-premier-and-cabinet/coronavirus-covid-19-western-australian-government-response
South Australia: https://www.sa.gov.au/topics/emergencies-and-safety/types/human-disease
Northern Territory: https://coronavirus.nt.gov.au/
• The COVIDSafe app speeds up contacting people exposed to coronavirus (COVID-19). This helps health officials support and protect you, your friends and family. The app is now available from the Apple App Store and Google Play.
• Financial assistance is available to support individuals, households and businesses.
GENERAL HEALTH ADVICE
Please stay up to date via the Qld Health website www.health.qld.gov.au/coronavirus or contact 13 HEALTH (13 432584) for the most recent advice. If you are concerned, call the National Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 020 080.
• Don’t be fooled by the misinformation about cures and treatments for COVID-19 circulating on social media. Get your information from trusted sources. For myth-busting and accurate and up-to-date information on COVID-19 Australia, view our mythbusting page.
• Taking care of your mental health and wellbeing during coronavirus is important and support is available. For personal crisis and mental health support services you can contact Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue on 1800 512 348 at any time. Go to the emergency support and assistance page for information about additional services that can help you.
• If you are in self-isolation because you are confirmed or suspected to have Coronavirus (COVID-19), or have been in close contact with a confirmed case, use this form to help us track the spread of the virus. Read more.
NATIONAL CORONAVIRUS HOTLINE – 1800 020 080
CENTRELINK – 132 850
AUSTRALIAN RED CROSS – 1800 733 276
LIFELINE – 13 11 14
THE SALVATION ARMY – 13 72 58
St VINCENT DE PAUL – 1800 846 643
QUEENSLAND HEALTH – 13 43 25 84